7.03.2008

School's Out!!! Yea!!!

I thought this day would never come! And to be honest . . . I think I looked forward to it more this year - than any other year when I was a kid! hahaha! I had no idea that teacher's were as excited as we were!

The first week of summer break I actually had to go to 3 days of training in Fort Worth. I was really dreading it - but day 2 and 3 of it was incredibly helpful and I really enjoyed it! It explained what I hadn't figured out this past year in regards to teaching children with autism. But I'm glad I hadn't had the training any sooner. I think it would have overwhelmed me a lot.

The next week school camp started. The kids actually got to volunteer with me and work each day. It was a lot of fun having them there with me and they worked really hard. It was fun to have such a great mix of students - and the money that we earned is going towards all the fun stuff we're doing this summer! Hooray!

After that week was another week of camp and also cub scout camp. That was crazy exhausting. It was nothing for me compared to the leaders in charge of the whole thing - but it was a weary week by the end for all of us.

This week K & B had baseball camp and I did a couple days of testing kiddos entering our programs in the district. It was much more relaxed for all of us.

I have to throw a huge shout out to my sis-in-laws and Mom for helping me with the kids! I owe them so much I'll never be able to make it up to them. They are always so sweet about it too!
Thanks guys!

So that's our summer update so far. Next week B starts golf. He is sooo excited about that! He's waited patiently for a couple of years for this one! Hooray!

0 leave me a note!:

Labels