7.05.2008

My Sweetheart

What’s his name? Bob
How long have you been together? 20 years
How long did you date? We knew each other 7 ½ years before we married and we started going on dates when I turned 16.
How old is he? 33
Who eats more? Hmmmm . . . depends what it is.
Who said I love you first? He did! I remember the moment clearly!!! It made my heart leap! Still does.
Who is taller? Him.
Who sings better? Definitely him. I like to sing when I’m singing with him – otherwise I’m not so good. I love to listen to him sing.
Who is smarter? He is all around! Bob has this amazing ability to see the whole picture really well. I’m great for useless facts and reference material – but in practical useful smarts he rounds out the picture.
Who does the laundry? It’s pretty even. Whoever has a slower week. We kind of balance each other and do whatever we can to keep the house running and give each other a break on the tough weeks.
Who pays the bills? He does now! I’ve done it for probably the last ten or eleven years until a few months ago. I think as this past school year got tougher it was one of the more stressful things Bob lifted off my plate. He’s wonderful!
Who sleeps on the right side? Me.
Who mows the lawn? He does – only because I’m a little intimidated by the riding mower – but honestly I really love to mow. It was my job growing up – and we had a doosie of a yard. Actually our son does most of it now with the push mower because he really likes too.
Who cooks dinner? Ummmm . . . I’d rather not talk about it! :o) Bob is an amazing cook actually. I make something that resembles dinner on and off. During the school year we frequent McDonald’s so much I could gag. But now that the first year is down and we’re reorganizing things around the house – we’ve returned to eating at home.
Who drives? Both. We drive our own cars and when we’re together I usually default to Bob. That way I can talk non-stop without having to be bothered with paying attention to where we’re going! :o) hahaha Unless he’s not feeling well . . . then I hop in.
Who is more stubborn? I am. No doubt. Bless his heart!
Who kissed who first? :o) I won’t kiss and tell!
Who proposed? Ummm . . . he did – but it was one of those moments where we looked at each other and just knew it was that moment. He said “Well?” and I said “Well are you going to ask?” and so he did and so I said yes! And then he did a romantic candle light dinner down-on-one-knee proposal later too! That was fun!
Who has more friends? Probably Bob. I like everyone – but have just a few true close friends through the years. Bob can make friends with anyone!
Who is more sensitive? Depends. I’m more ‘touchy’ sensitive. He’s more ‘thoughtful’ sensitive.
Who has more siblings? Bob – 5 siblings. Me – 2 sisters.
Who wears the pants? Neither of us. We prefer shorts! Not too terribly serious - and we wear them together. We just make a good team.

0 leave me a note!:

Labels