4.18.2009

What can YOU do with paint sticks?

We were doing an art project at school and I needed a paint stick for each child.  I have under 20 students between both classes - so I didn't need many.  (Although I'm actually getting 3 new ones this week that are turning 3!!!)  


So anyway - last week we went to the local Home Depot to get some.  Well the guy at the paint counter gave them to me for free when I told him what they were for.  I guess he didn't feel comfortable with the small number I asked for because he kept saying "Here!!!!  Take some more!!!!"  I had so many I couldn't even hold them all!  So generous!  Now our whole school can make bird feeders!  hahaha!

Now mind you - this was around 10pm and we were still out and about - squeezing the most we could into our Saturday.  It is not uncommon for us to go for little drives around town just for fun too.  The car is our little "get out of the house for a bit" haven.  We love chatting, hanging out together as we drive - running here and there.  Just taking a break for a bit.  One thing that commonly happens while driving is a sudden break out of singing.  Well - this night - since most of us had handfuls of paint sticks - when the song struck - so did the drumming!!!!  It was unanimous, unruly, wild and hilariously entertaining.  

So there we were - driving around close to 11pm singing patriotic marches and such while each beating together various complementary rhythms with paint sticks while cruising around town.    It was hilariously fun!  I think we baffled quite a few people at red lights.  We weren't your typical late night cruising car!  

We've decided that each passenger should have their own complimentary set of paint sticks in every car.  It's a great stress reducer and seriously - just a lot of fun!

Who knew paint sticks could be so entertaining!?!?!?!?  :o)

2 leave me a note!:

Jenny said...

We like to randomly drive around too. And I like the paint sticks idea! Maybe we'll have to get some! :)

Crystal Eldredge said...

I love moments just like that! They are so much fun and bring the family together.

Labels