4.05.2009

April Fool's Part II. The Final Conclusion

Bath toys swimming in the toilet on April Fool's day!  
All three screamed or let out some kind of hilarious unintelligible exclamation!  
It made my day.

Part I of our April Fool's Day can be found by clicking here:  Just the Beginning!

Part II
I emailed all their teachers the night before and asked them to wish them Happy Birthday for April Fool's day - which they all did and got a big kick out of. (every morning - as they leave the car - I tell them I love them - happy halloween (or some other random holiday) and happy birthday! Kbugs instantly knew when her teacher said it. She asked her teacher "Have you talked to my mom recently?" :o) Cowboy T's entire class sang to him.  She said the perplexed look on his face was priceless.  My Buddy's teacher is a fellow prankster and gave them a fake test they all fell for.  She's my kind of teacher!

Then the final kicker was late that night. Bob was in Canada - so we set it up about a week in advance - he started dropping hints that some departments at work were relocating there. So when he called home tonight we had this whole fake discussion about moving to Canada.   I acted all suspicious & went in the other room and closed the door - knowing with their curiosity they're ears would be glued to the door! It worked perfectly! When I came out they kept saying Is anything going on? I neither confirmed or denied - but they were all egging each other on and building it into something - all on their own. Buddy said he'd never leave the United States of America - Cowboy T was panickedly musing that we only have 6 license plates left to find in our license plate game & we'd never get to find them. I simply suggested that certainly there are license plates in Canada too - just different ones! Kbugs said she'd refuse to go to Girl's Camp in Canada because it would be too cold! Finally after a little bit of letting them dig themselves in deeper and deeper Buddy said - if we are moving - when would it be - and I replied on April 1st - on APRIL FOOLS!!!! Muwahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They couldn't believe they'd fallen for it! We laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed.  Then we called Bob and let him know how it went.  Ahhhh the success of a parent team!!!  :o)  Their favorites of the day was Canada and the rubber ducks! I feel like we had a wonderfully successful day - and I've already got quite a few things in mind for next year! hahaha :o)

0 leave me a note!:

Labels