4.27.2009

Here comes the storm!


In the past 8 minutes we've had over 1000 lightning strikes just here in our area.  It's a doozy of a storm.  Looks like the tornado warnings are next.  Maggie is scared out of her mind.  We're trying to pretend that we don't see her hiding in the corner of our room - because she's not allowed in here but we all feel bad for her.  :o)  Looks like the tornado warnings are headed our way next.  


I sure hope my little special needs students get to stay home today.  They're sure to be scared - and the responsibility of keeping them all safe on a day like this weighs heavy.

Can't remember the last time I've heard this much non-stop thunder.  Pretty cool.

4 leave me a note!:

Kelli said...

I love it. I didn't want to get out of bed today. Did your school kids get to stay home?

Eldredge Family said...

Wow that looks really pretty. i never thought about certain students being scared of the storms. I think more about parents with special needs children. They are just as innocent as Sage was and they have different missions to serve here on earth for us to learn from. Heavenly Father is amazing. His plans for us.

TexasRed said...

I only had two absent today. Everyone else rides the bus - so they always come! :o) It really calmed down though - so I was relieved about that. My room has a huge wall of windows which makes me nervous when we start talking tornadoes. The hallway does too - and that's where we do duck and cover. So that's what I was thinking of this morning. Luckily it all turned out ok! Yea!

TexasRed said...

Crystal - you are so right! I never dreamed I would be doing this. If anyone had told me I would have laughed and said NOT ME!!!!

But Heavenly Father had a plan for me too! And I love it. And I know I'm there for a reason. I have no doubt that some of them I knew before and that we must have promised to help each other. I cannot believe the amount of spiritual experiences and feelings I've had working with these sweet beautiful children.

As I watch their struggles and needs - I am so grateful they were sent to the families they are in. The tenderness and love the parents have for their children is overwhelming. They had no idea that life would take them down this path - but they walk it and learn and love them so sweetly. They will do anything to help their children and literally do.

My heart has become so soft - and daily my life is changed by them. I have the most tender and sweet experiences. There are times where - although they can't talk - it seems like we can see soul to soul and there is an unspoken communication - fleeting as it may be.

I am so incredibly grateful that the Lord guided and directed every step of mine - years in advance to lead me to where I am now. How I got here started over five years ago with a subtle last minute prompting that we followed and then years of struggles and hardships - twists and turns - and a mountain of staggering "coincidences" that were really the Lords hand directing me. It took us down a path that we never dreamed would take us to where we are now. The Lord knew what blessings were at the end - even though the path seemed to have so many seemingly never-ending difficult spots in the road and a direction that we never envisioned.

Anyway - didn't mean to ramble on - but I just had to tell you how blessed I feel. I learn far more from them then I could ever possibly teach to them myself.

(BTW - You've been in my prayers! Love ya!)

Labels