4.05.2009

Uhh . . . pardon me????????


Random Quote of the Year:  Awarded to Cowboy T


Setting:  Driving along - lovely day.  Me and the kids.  Typical conversation.  Quiet lull - broken by this:

Cowboy T:  Umm . . . Mom?

Me:  Yes?

Cowboy T: (said slowly and ponderishly)  Do you have a criminal record?

I mean . . . what do you even say?!?!?  Clearly no - I don't - but is there some question in his mind that I might?  And what would give such an impression?  I don't think a parent ever really expects to hear that type of question from their child.  

So I responded:  No - do you?  (And then - there was a disturbingly long pause) - and then to my relief he replied Nope!  Then I figured maybe I'd better investigate a little further in case I'd missed something.  I asked my Buddy if he did and he quickly and emphatically replied "NO!!!  I DO NOT HAVE A CRIMINAL RECORD!!!"  So then I asked Kbugs.  Much to our shock she said, "Well . . . actually . . . "  :o)  hahaha!  I just love conversations with my kids!  No wonder they never take me seriously.  

But wait - back to the original question . . . is there some concern that I might have a record?!?!?  
Crazy kids!!!!

0 leave me a note!:

Labels