4.16.2009

I'm walking now!!!!!


Well I'm a-walkin now!  Back in Dec I had bronchitis - I recovered slowly - but never fully.  Always a little symptom here and there - funky cough, stuffy nose,lingering stuff blah blah blah.


So last week - weird sore throat.  Last night out of no where a deep hurting cough.  

Woke up today and felt awful.  Enough is enough.  

Called the doc.  No appointments - but they said the nurse would call back.  She did - told her all.  She said come right now!  We'll  2:30 isn't a good time to say that.  Middle of class - too late in the day to get rides to pick up kids.  She told me just to make it there before 4.  Figured I could get the boys - go to doc - and figure something else out for Kbugs.  Couldn't reach Bob - he was teaching a training.  

Bell rang - ran to the car.  It. was. dead.  I'd left my lights on.  (Mary Moment!!!)  3:30pm - not good.  As I stood in the parking lot - all my co-workers (aka: friends!!!!) knew I didn't feel good and ran to my rescue.  One brought cables - another teacher's car was right next to mine so she came out to start her car - another friend's boyfriend put the cables on - since we all figured we'd do it wrong and blow ourselves up.  I was so grateful and thankful for such a wonderful group of friends who had me out of that parking lot in under ten minutes!  Love them!

Got the boys - swung around towards doctor.  Got stuck behind a funeral procession.  At first I was frustrated - then I realized it was getting me through all the red lights because they were headed the same direction - and right past my doctors office.  Made it with two minutes to spare and said a little prayer for the mourners.

So I waited and felt lousy like my head was going to explode.  But our wonderful family doctor who knows us well gave me some heavy duty whacked out antibiotics and strict directions to follow for my very own personal walking pneumonia.  

I'm just gonna walk on by . . . . . . . 

1 leave me a note!:

Bobette said...

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Labels