10.05.2008

Mask Gas

Recently we went to the store to get a respirator mask for going up in the attic . . . (it's a jungle up there).  Anyhoo . . . it reminded me of a HIL-arious experience a few years back.


We drove around town in a beast of a van at the time.  It was one of those enormous custom vans that have the huge windows down the side.  Well - I had to pick up a few things at the dollar store.  The boys were with me and as we poked our way around the aisles they asked if they could each get one toy.  I mean - come on - everything's a dollar right???  So I said yes - and let them hyperventilate over making the choice of just one thing out of the hundreds lining the walls.  

So - they're boys . . . what do they choose????  As Travis calls them . . . a toy "mask gas".  I was a little hesitant - given that I was raised in a family of girls and all that boy stuff seems to escape me - but then I defaulted to what I knew my husband would say - who grew up in a family with mostly boys.  So we got the gas masks and headed out for more errands.  

What I didn't realize for the rest of the ride around town - is that the boys had opened their gas masks and put them on.  I can only imagine what the people driving past us - and pulled up next to us at stoplights must have thought.  Me in the front driving around - while my two boys - strapped in their car seats next to those giant side windows - wore gas masks that looked all too real.  I laughed for hours the rest of the day as I thought of the curious looks we must have received and the confusion people must have had when they saw the boys.

Still makes me laugh!  :o)

0 leave me a note!:

Labels