10.19.2008

Shin Splints Hurt!

Okay - three things I learned this week:


1.  Always always stretch before running.  Even if you are in a hurry.

2.  You really need good shoes to run.  Not Walmart shoes.  Harumph!

3.  Always take the time to cool down after a run.  Don't just hop off the treadmill from a full run to go get your kids.

Ok - let's make it four . . . 

4.  Shin splints hurt really really really bad (or maybe I'm just a big wimp!)

ok - one more . . . 

5.  When you get them - don't keep running day after day - trying to work through it!  Stop until you mend!  It won't get better - only worse.  In fact it could create a fracture should one keep going!  (so glad I read about that!!!)

Lesson learned!  I think new shoes will be on my Christmas list!

Ok - I'm coming back to edit . . . because there's one more very imporatant thing I learned:

6.  When I don't feel good my kids are the sweetest and most helpful children in the world!  They cared for me and went the extra mile in helping around the house and with dinner and even little school projects!  I love them so much and am so grateful to them for taking care of me!!!!

0 leave me a note!:

Labels