9.28.2008

My Hero


Due to my rapidly increasing forgetfulness - last night I left a burner on.  We'd had spaghetti and I served up the plates at the stove.  I scooped out nearly all the sauce and left a plastic spoon in the pan.  There was a baking pan on the burner in front of it - so I didn't notice the burner was still on.  At about 8pm while we were reading scriptures Bob commented that something smelled like it was burning.  I thought that was really odd - since Bob has essentially no sense of smell - and I couldn't smell anything.  What was even more odd - earlier in the day I was making lunch and had the random thought that we hadn't gone over our family evacuation plan in a while.  So I shouted out to everyone scattered in the house - what would you do if the fire alarms went off right now?  The answers were varied - so we reviewed what to do if there was a fire.

About 2am - my Buddy came in our room to tell me the burner was on.  He'd gotten up and as he walked down the hall - caught just the right angle of the blue glow.  The last of the sauce was a crisp wafer and the spoon was beginning to melt.  What a blessing and a miracle that we were protected and that Buddy had the presence of mind to alert us.  The Lord was truly watching out for us and keeping us safe.  I am so humbly grateful!

1 leave me a note!:

Jenny said...

Yikes! Isn't it funny how we just forget things like that sometimes? I think we left our sprinklers on while we went on vacation once...that was a pricey water bill.

Labels