10.11.2008

Earthquake


There must have been a slight earthquake here today.  The epicenter was apparently located at UTA directly under my feet.  It was strong enough on the Richter scale to knock me off my feet.  I landed on my left hand and I think I've sprained my arm pretty good - wrist to shoulder.  Honestly - I don't know what happened.  There was a curb - but that's all I remember.  I just tripped for no apparant reason - of course it was right in front of a tour bus full of people too!

Actually I think it was probably karma.  Kbugs had just finished her violin lesson and we were walking through the campus.  It was such a beautiful fall day and she was chatting away.  I was sipping my water bottle when the deliciously devilish thought struck me to squirt her with my water bottle.  I think it stems from being the youngest - with no younger siblings to pick on.  At least my kids are good natured about it.  It was seconds later that I tripped.  Seriously - I couldn't get mad when Kbugs happily pointed out the irony!  She had a point.  :o)

3 leave me a note!:

Jenny said...

WHAT THE HECK? Why didn't I know about this earthquake??? Are you okay from your fall?

You're such a fun mom. I bet your kids love goofing around with you.

TexasRed said...

Ok - totally kidding about the earthquake! That's just what I say when I trip for no explainable reason. My mom called last night wondering why she didn't hear about the earthquake too! :o) Opps!

My kids are such good sports! But we do have a ball together.

Jenny said...

Okay, I'm such a dork! And I'm totally going to steal that excuse, by the way)

Labels