9.07.2008

Halloween!!!!


Man!  I'm toast!!!!  My kids are old enough to reach the mailbox.  Usually I chucked all those catalogs that would come - you know - the ones with all the costumes in them.  It was so easy!  They didn't even know they existed.  Then - being one of those particularly uncreative mom's - I would spend the build up to Halloween convincing them to wear their red pajamas and just be a red gumdrop - or something terribly effortless.  


In a stroke of genius - when I was just a toddler - my Mom would make my sisters and I dress up as bunny rabbits and give us un-naturally giant carrots to munch on as we went trick-or-treating!  Yeah - guess who wasn't hungry by the end of trick or treating?!?!?!  I can't believe I fell for that!  (three years in a row!)

Anyway - the jig is up!  They now know there is more to Halloween then red pajamas - or taping Smarties to your pants (Smarty pants!  Get it!!!!  Hilarity at it's best - you gotta admit it!)  They found the catalog and have poured over and over it.  Last I heard - we have a trio of super heroes in the house.  Supergirl, Flash, Indiana Jones, Catwoman, Batman, a cowboy, a fighter pilot - you name it - I've heard it!  Honestly - it's kind of fun hearing their excitement.  But wishes and reality - well . . . we shall see . . . 

When I heard Bob looking at the his and her pirate costumes . . . well - let's just say - the catalog just might mysteriously disappear!  Muwahahahahaaa!!!!  Aaaaargggghhhh matey!

0 leave me a note!:

Labels