9.27.2008

Ka-Powie!



At some point both of my boys have had black eyes - and now I can officially say my daughter has too!  Bless her heart!  I got a call from her school - it was her PE coach saying she'd been running and she collided with another girl and landed hard on her face.  [pausing . . .  she is an AWESOME runner!  Her times blow me away!  She must have inherited that running gene my sister had.  It totally skipped me!  Kbugs is FAST!!!!]  They put ice on her eye but could tell it was swollen and likely to bruise.  My poor baby!  It doesn't matter how old the kids are . . . when they get hurt my instinct is to go get them and love on them like a baby - which doesn't work too well for them - especially at jr. high!  :o)  

So she's been walking around w a black eye.  After about a week and a half it's almost gone now.  I tried to help her think of some awesome top secret action story for her to explain how she got it.  She humors me and just smiles and laughs . . . ("Just smile and wave boys . . . just smile and wave!"  [Madagascar movie quote])  She's such a trooper!

0 leave me a note!:

Labels