9.14.2008

What a gorgeous day!


After yesterday's mild wind and all day rain from Ike - it's almost wrong to have such a gorgeously beautiful day here.  Just knowing what so many are going through - not so far away . . .   There are many many shelters open in our area and apparently it will be some time before people from the Galveston area head home.  Our prayers are certainly with them.

Everything was cancelled yesterday - stake meetings, kids activities, and other commitments - in anticipation of the storm.  We hunkered down here at home and I worked all day!  My biggest task was putting together books from the music therapist who visits my classroom each week.  They are wonderful resources and I'd been anxious to complete them prior to her actually coming and using them.  But literally - I SAT ALL DAY!!!!  I didn't even realize - even though Bob kept walking by saying "Man - you've been sitting there working ALL DAY!"  I guess I didn't really process that until I went to move around midnight and realized my eyeballs were about to fall out and I no longer bent the way I was supposed to!  Who knew sitting could be so painful?!?!?!  My back is in bad shape today.  That'll learn me a lesson!  ;o)  But still - I got a ton done - and the majority of the books are complete!  Hooray!

The kiddos are happy and doing great.  Kbugs had orchestra tryouts and is 2nd chair 1st violin.  Woowoo!  Go Kbugs!!!!  She's starting speech club soon too which will be really fun for her.  My Buddy is so excited to be taking guitar lessons as part of the after school program at his school.  He has wowed everyone with his ability to play.  He is so anxious for baseball season to start up again.  It's going to be a looooong winter waiting!  Buddy loves his Spanish class too.  It's fun to hear him speaking Spanish.  Cowboy T is just a natural at the piano and has been making up songs and serenading us with new variations quite often.  In one day he can go from cowboy to scientist, to pole vaulter, basketball star, musician, artist, inventor, builder, to chef and on and on and on.  It's so fun to watch them develop their many different talents.  I just LOVE being their Mom!!!!!!  It rocks!!!

0 leave me a note!:

Labels