8.24.2008

THE MOST delicious cherry pie EVER!!!!!

I like pie! Better than cake, cookies, and even brownies. Probably not more than ice cream - but pies are right up there for me! So I have a pie story to tell. When I was in college one of my roommates who was a local went home for the weekend and brought back a jar of freshly bottled home grown cherries! Oooooohhh! They looked soooo good! They were no big deal to her and she didn't plan to do anything with them - so she let me have them to make a pie! Mmmmm! Well - if I must say so myself . . . it turned out to be THE BEST PIE I'd ever made. It was beautiful. Brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it! The lattice work crust was just amazing. The jucie was all bubbly and oozy - just right.
---

So - as any group of 6 single college ladies would do with a lovely-looking domestic-inspiring pie sitting on the table - we invited some friends and other neighboring gentlemen in the dorm next door over to sample the aforementioned delectable culinary delight. (ok - I may be a tad overboard here - but only a tad.) Not that I was interested in any of them - I'd already picked my husband by then . . . but still - I was proud of that pie - and how smart would I look?!?!?! (what is that saying . . . something about pride before a fall?)
---
We all sat down and began to eat. Such odd looks began to cascade down the line of people around the room. Something was horribly wrong. This perfectly beautiful pie - full of such promise - had a hidden flaw. What I didn't realize about that gorgeous jar of bottled cherries - was that every single one still contained the pit. Oh the humanity!
---
Luckily - the group was good natured - and being that we were all prone to college silliness - we simply had a cherry pit spitting contest - much like a watermelon seed spitting contest. Ahhh - and so - such is life. What may look beautiful and covetous on the outside - may truly be filled with pits of despair inside! hahaha! Well . . . you know what I mean. ;o)

0 leave me a note!:

Labels