8.24.2008

The Clean Fresh Scent of Laundry

Image Source: http://www.gainscent.com/images/product_lineup/gain_packaging_shot.jpg\
Ok - speaking of the great laundry catch up which occurred yesterday - my husband (being the amazing creative genius that he is) - when he finds us in these scenarios . . . uses solar powered energy to catch us up on our laundry! My my my! Aren't we environmentally conscientious!?!?!? Actually . . . no! It's just that our dryer takes to long compared to the washer. So if we line dry our clothes we can get it all done in a day rather then waiting forever for the dryer. But I'll go ahead and take the extra credit points for our environmental contribution. Thanks!
---
Whenever my sister visits - she always comments on how good our laundry smells - which just makes me feels very happy and domestic (which clearly isn't a natural trait for me) so I'm always pleased to hear that! It's due to no effort of mine - merely the combination of Gain detergent and Bounce dryer sheets. Mmmmm! (This is not a paid advertisement . . . )
---
So - stick with me . . . this all comes together right about now . . .
---
On nearly every brand of laundry detergent they have the "Clean Fresh Breeze" scent - with a picture of a sheet on a clothesline - blowing in the wind - with sunshine and puffy white clouds - just assuring you that a piece of heaven and old-fashioned comfort is inside that box and the world will be ok and the Yankees will win the World Series and a fresh baked apple pie will magically appear on my windowsill. (sorry) (I got carried away.)
---
I am hear to tell you that clothes hung on a clothesline in the middle of a congested suburban neighborhood in the middle of a densely populated metroplex of over 5.1 million people DOES NOT smell clean and fresh. Nor anything close unto it! Don't get me wrong! I'm so glad the laundry is done. Grateful doesn't even cover it!!! I really don't care what it smells like . . . but I'm thinking that I've found a deceptive advertising practice worthy of a minor rant. My bubble is burst. I will never look at a box of clean fresh breeze scented detergent the same way again. I'll have to wonder - if I open that box will I get a slight hint of carbon monoxide and car emissions with a subtle waft of pollution? Cause that's the picture I'm paintin' here in my neck of the woods!
---
For now I'll stick to my secret combination (hahaha!) of Gain and Bounce - and maybe make an effort to keep up with the mountain of laundry that frequently becomes larger than the entire size of our home. (Then we have to tunnel out!) But all in all - I'm so thankful the laundry is done. And if you happen to catch a faint trace of an odd smell near me . . . it's the newest - latest and greatest - environmentally friendly perfume! ;o)

2 leave me a note!:

Jenny said...

Mary, you are so hilarious! I cracked up through this whole post.

Shellie said...

Throw your clothes into the dryer after they are dried with a dryer sheet. That should help the smell at least thats what my mom says.

Labels