12.31.2008

A Reply From the Mayor


So I'm a bit late in posting this - but I have an update in the case of Cowboy T's letter to the mayor about Braums.


He let me know that he would be watching for a reply in the mail and I started praying he would get one and not be disappointed.  I told him to wait about a week before he started watching the mailbox.  Lo and behold about 3 days later an official looking letter arrived and I was so relieved - and he was SO EXCITED!!!!  

On official letterhead - this is what the letter from the mayor said:

Mr. T:

Thank you  for your letter about the Braums in our town.  The job of mayors and city council members is to take care of their town and see that the needs of the citizens are met.  It helps us to do our job if we know what our citizens want, and your letter is a good example of a citizen helping us do our job.

I'm sure that by the time you get this letter you will have been to the new Braums across the street from the one you wrote about.  I hope you like the new one even more than the old one and will enjoy going there even more than you did the old one.

I am enclosing a gift certificate for you to use at the new Braums to thank you for your letter and for helping me do my job of taking care of citizens like you.

Sincerely,
The Mayor

And there was - a $20 gift card for Cowboy T!  What a great mayor!  He was beyond ecstatic!  So of course - we had to go - and he's decided that maybe the new Braums is ok enough for him.  :o)

He wrote a thank you note back to her that I thought was adorable.  My favorite part of it was where he told her about his visits there.  He said something like:  Time 1 and 3 I got chocolate chip cookie dough.  Time 2 I got orange sherbet.  Just priceless!

She has no idea what an impact and what a wonderful memory she's made for our little Cowboy T!  What fun!

0 leave me a note!:

Labels