12.22.2008

Laundry Happiness!!!

Usually 'Laundry Happiness' would be considered an oxymoron . . . however my wonderful, amazing, genius husband has made such an unlikely pairing a reality.


Due to circumstances - too mundane to mention here - we ended up with two dryers.  So Bob conveniently installed whatever it was that was needed - and I now have 2 working dryers!!!  Do you have any idea how quickly I can get a mountain of laundry to disappear now?  Wooohoooo!  I had about a weeks worth - and managed to get it all done in a leisurely day's time.  It's so fun to hear all three machines humming away!  

Ok - and here's the laundry tip of the day (per my Mom's request):  

Do you ever have a load of towels or dish cloths that sit in the washer too long and get stinky?  It happens to me - especially in the summer.  Well - here's a way to get the stink out.  Go ahead and dry the load.  When they're dry - throw them back in the washer and load like normal and then pour in about 1/2 c - 1 cup of vinegar in the load.  Wash like normal and when the load finishes the stink will be gone.  For some reason the load needs to dry first - it doesn't seem to work as well if you just rewash them from being wet.  Hopefully that is a helpful tip for someone out there too!  :o)  Happy Laundering!

2 leave me a note!:

Jenny said...

Oooo, what a good tip! That happens to me all the time, so I'm going to try the vinegar.

TexasRed said...

Oh good! I figured it might help someone else! Thank heavens for little tricks like that!

Labels