6.30.2008

Maggie Mae

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Our amazing sweet dog!

She thinks she's one of the kids. After dinner we all tidy up the kitchen then move to the laundry room to keep things going. Well a few nights ago as we were leaving the kitchen Bob told the kids to go get their dirty clothes out of their rooms and put them in the laundry room basket. I was in there getting a load started and here comes B running in - he plops his clothes in the basket . . . here comes K zooming in - and plop goes her clothes - swoosh - here comes T - dumps his clothes in . . . trot trot trot - here comes Maggie with her stuffed squeaky duck in her mouth and - I'm not kidding you - plop goes her duck in the laundry basket! Then she sits at my feet looking up at me - proud as a peacock - tail just a-waggin away! She's such a good dog.
.
Lately when I'm really tense or concentrating with a billion things exploding in my brain - she'll come to where I'm standing and stick her nose under my shirt hem and pop it out. She'll do it over and over until I stop and acknowledge her. At first I thought she wanted something or was trying to show me something - but I finally realized that everytime she does it I'm pretty stressed - and it makes me stop and break out of it and remember to breathe.
.
They actually use Bernese mountain dogs as therapy dogs to assist people with seizures, post traumatic stress, and other conditions because their intuition is so good. I had no idea!A few days ago I was sitting at my desk when I jumped up without any warning and ran to get something. It startled her when I ran past her - but rather then run with me - she ran back to where I was to see what I was running from. (hopefully that makes sense) Anyway - she's always on the lookout for us and I'm always amazed at all the things she seems to know and the things she does!

0 leave me a note!:

Labels