3.12.2009

Tender endings and beginnings

My favorite student in the class next door passed away last night.  He'd gotten quite sick recently and we knew it was coming - but it's still difficult to know I won't get to blow kisses at him and watch him smile.  Still it's a blessing that he is free from his fragile body that caused him so much pain. 


His walker sits in the hallway between our two doors.  I hope they leave it there for a while.  

2 leave me a note!:

Sherry said...

So sorry to hear about your student.....As you say, a blessing for the child, but so tough on those left behind.....One of mine was hit by a car trying to cross the street to school this week, but thankfully, she's going to be okay. One of our 9th graders was killed earlier this year trying to walk across I-30. I tell them all to be careful every day, but sometimes they're not.....I love reading your blog. Isn't it an interesting new way to get to know people better? Take care....

TexasRed said...

Thanks Sherry! I love reading yours too! :o)

Labels