3.01.2009

Raise a child up in the way she should go . . .

So a few weeks ago - I was pumping in the very last of my gas budget into my car before payday.  I wasn't entirely confident that this last tank would take me through the week - but more then once prayers have made those fumes last to the end.  


So anyway - I finished pumping and as I walked back around the car to my side there was a gas gift card laying there on the ground.  Without any thought or hesitation I took it inside and gave it to the attendant.  My boys were with me and asked what I was doing.  I told them and as I drove off I realized what could have been the irony of the situation.  Thankfully enough - my parents taught me long ago to make all those kinds of decisions at a young age - so they never have to be made again.  I thought about how if I hadn't that could have been a tough moment of decision - but instead I didn't even give a moment of consideration of what to do.

Thanks Mom and Dad!  I hope my kids learn the same.

2 leave me a note!:

Eldredge Family said...

I love this story. I have had so many chances to take little things like a gift card lying on the ground and I always return the item. Last week my wallet came up missing and some returned it to me with all the money still in it! So it was a wonderful teaching lesson for my kids!

Sherry said...

Good for you!

Labels