1.26.2009

I've Turned a Corner

I don't know if this is good or bad . . . and I'll spare you all the tremendous details.  Let's just say - today I managed to take care of something that no one should have to take care of (unless you happen to be that child's mother) without gagging, throwing up, or even getting watery eyes.  Shocking - I know.  Especially given the gag reflex I have - as detailed in my post on Mary's Marvelous Mush.  (just saying that made me gag a little)  And let me just say - whatever your imagining at this point - isn't even close to what happened.  It was beyond normal imaginations.  


A year ago - I couldn't have even looked - and today I managed it all without a flinch.  It happens from time to time - given the nature of my job.  The majority of my students aren't toilet trained - and when they are sick . . . well . . . 

I think the real corner turner for me tho - isn't just that it didn't bother me - but I'm ok going back tomorrow.  I want to go back.  I just love these little guys - and although this isn't what I ever pictured myself doing - it's right where I'm supposed to be right now. 

0 leave me a note!:

Labels