5.10.2009

Kbug's Solo & Ensemble


So Kbugs had her solo and ensemble contest.  She had practiced her duet with her friend and they did a great job.  Her solo was great too!  Kbugs asked me to be her piano accompanist.  I was a bit nervous about this - because I'm not always the most consistent player and I really didn't want to be the one to mess her up.  She brought me the music in plenty of time.  I glanced over it and it looked like something I could play.  However, I waited pretty much until the night before to work on it.  Poor K!  I think I worried her quite a bit.  We actually had a Scout's den meeting that night so I took the music with me and marked it and finger practiced it while we sat there - and then finally went home to play it for the first time.  After going through it a few times we sounded pretty good!  Phewph!  I was so relieved.  The next morning we chugged our way over there and played it.  Kbugs was AMAZING!!!!!  She sounded so good.  I think I did a-ok accompanying her.  It was just really fun to get the chance to do it with her.  I love that mom daughter kind of stuff that we get to do.  She is such a wonderful person and I love being with her.  I wasn't surprised at all when she got her score.  She got a 1.  Good job Sweet Pea!  Ily!

0 leave me a note!:

Labels